Punjab Higher Education Commission PHEC announces International Research Support Fellowship (IRSF). Students currently enrolled in Ph.D. programs in provincially chartered Universities/institutes of Punjab may apply for the research support fellowship to go to QS top 200 universities of the world. The International Research Support Fellowship is a six-month program designed to provide first-hand experience in research to highly motivated students who are presently pursuing a full-time Ph.D. program in provincially chartered universities of Punjab.
PHEC is offering this opportunity to local students in order to enhance their quality of research by engaging with international experts in their field of study. Applications complete in all aspects must reach Punjab Higher Education Commission Lahore on or before March 10, 2022, at 5:00 PM through registered post. Application submitted by hand will not be accepted.
PHEC International Research Support Fund Grant Provision
PHEC’s funding under the project will cover the bench fee, return airfare, and a living stipend only as per the limits defined below:
- Travel: Maximum Rs. 130,000/- for a return air ticket.
- Living Allowance: Living allowance for different countries is given as under:
- Country Living allowance per month in PKR
- UK/USA/Aus/Canada/Eurpoe 150,000
- Korea, China, Malaysia 100,000
- Rest of the world 125,000
- Bench Fee: The bench fee is only awarded if it is demanded in the acceptance letter at the time of selection. After selection, any demand of fee will not be accepted. The bench fee will be paid up to Rs. 250,000/- only.
PHEC International Research Support Fund Eligibility Criteria
The eligible candidate must have:
- Punjab Domicile
- Age Limit: Maximum 45 years
- Eligible candidate must be enrolled in a PhD program of any public/private sector university of Punjab and should have completed course work
- Ph.D. Students can apply after 1.5 years of enrollment and a maximum of up to 3.5 years in Ph.D. program
- Passed the comprehensive examination (as per university norms)
- Ph.D. synopsis/research proposal approved by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) or equivalent statutory body of the university
- Valid acceptance letter from a foreign university/supervisor among QS top ranking 200 (General)
How to apply for ISRF
Eligible students may apply using the PHEC application form. Complete set of documents must include:
- Completely filled application form
- Acceptance Letter(s) from the respective Foreign university
- Recommendation letter from Local Ph.D. supervisor on university letterhead
- NOC and Study Leave from department/organization (if employed)
- CV(s) of proposed foreign supervisor(s) (not more than 02 pages for each CV)
- BASR approval showing approved Ph.D. research topic & synopsis
- Ph.D. thesis synopsis (complete)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of domicile
- Copies of academic documents including Ph.D. comprehensive examination result
- Foreign University Acceptance Letter for IRSF by Foreign Supervisor. (This form must be filled in and duly signed by Foreign Supervisor)
03 copies of the above application set must be submitted to PHEC. Each set has to be properly bound (ring/spiral/other). All annexures to the application sets are to be properly labeled (tagged). Applications that are not in proper binding and annexure according to the above list will not be entertained.